Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Come back nascar

with the year wrapping up, I have just one request for the new year, HURRY UP DAYTONA!...I would end my blog here because really thats all that's on my mind, but I figured we needed a year of Nascar from this southern girls view so here we go :-)

This year was beyond amazing, between the friends we made at the race track, those we met through twitter, and everywhere in between it has been the best year of my life.  My goals in life before this year were : go to Bristol, meet kasey kahne, drive around a track.  (I didn't have many expectations apparently!) I have beyond exceeded these thanks to the good folks up at Bristol Motor Speedway, Miss EMILEE KATE BYERLY, and of course food city and Budweiser racing. As if meeting Kasey wasn't enough, in line he said "she may be the biggest fan, and shes definitely the prettiest" which to this point has been the greatest moment of my life (I'm not sure even my wedding day could compare to that lol!)  The Bristol race was all I dreamed and more, we had more than fun tailgating with folks we've never met before and getting to know everyone who works at Bristol.  Also, we got a chance to meet the amazing people of twitter, including lanette and jim williams, miss gina barlow, scott perrine (who put up with me in line to meet kasey bless his Yankee heart ;) ), john nelson, and so many others.  Meeting people who keep up with you, call and txt, and support me like family has been second to meeting kasey this year.  I couldn't imagine all this happening a year ago, but I'm so glad it did.  Thank you all for supporting us in this blog, and we honestly hope to meet all of you in the coming year! Feel free to share your favorite memory this race season with us, because that is what makes nascar so amazing, we are family and even in the off season we're connected :)

God bless you, and happy racing in '11! see yall on the start/finish!

xoxo

Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment